So I decided that to make good use of all the time I spend consuming different forms of media every week, I could post a handful of media recommendations! I hope you check some of them out.
If you love Broadway shows and Dan Fogelman…
- Galavant (Netflix but leaving on September 7th so WATCH NOW) is the best show I have seen in a LONG time. I watched both seasons in two days one weekend and after I finished the second season, I rewatched the pilot because it is THAT good. All you need to know is that it’s a musical comedy about sort of a knight, a king, and a queen. You just have to trust me and watch this NOW, before September 7th!
If you miss dating and falling in and out of love…
- Chemical Hearts on Amazon is a sweet, sweet film. I felt sad, hopeful, and happy. I cried, I laughed. Though some scenes are a bit cringey, and the middle is a tiny bit slow, this movie is worth the watch, for sure. Lili Reinhart is amazing, as usual, and I am now in love with the lead actor, Austin Abrams who was also great as Ethan in Euphoria.
If you like the movie “Music & Lyrics” or just music in general…
- The High Note on Amazon is exactly what you’re looking for. It’s got Tracee Ellis Ross and Dakota Johnson, both outstanding, good music, handsome male leads, and… what else could you ask for? Music & Lyrics is one of my favorite movies and though this one isn’t AS good (few are), it’s a great watch.
If you’re feeling stuck…
- Palm Springs on Hulu is a movie that will make you feel better about your stagnant state. It will also make you laugh and nearly cry. Do I even need to mention how funny and amazing Andy Samberg is? And Cristin Milioti? There, I guess I did.
If you could use some drama in your life…
- The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett is the answer to your mundane routine. This story about two twins who eventually live separate lives far apart from each other is written beautifully, with both minor and major twists and turns that keep you turning the page. I read 100 pages in one sitting without even realizing. This book was also #1 on the NYTimes Bestseller List and HBO acquired the rights to develop it into a limited series!
One thought on “What I’m Watching This Week”
Always love to see what you are reading!